The Patient Experience was commenced on the week commencing 4th March 2019. All patients who presented to the reception desk were offered a questionnaire. This included patients calling to collect prescriptions, attending treatment room or chronic disease clinic, GP consultations and also anyone making general enquiries. 10 questionnaires were posted to a random sample of patients who had received a home visit in the previous 3 months, along with a SAE. 8 were returned and included with others.
2% of practice list size to be surveyed
Number of surveys =70
Number of surveys needed = 72 number completed - 83
Number of surveys needed = 73
What number would you use to rate the Practice with 10 being the best possible and 0 being the worst ever
95% scored the practice 7 or above
45% gave the highest rating of 10 70% rated 9 or above
5% rated between 4 and 6
0% scored below 4
99% rated 7 or above
52% rated 10
73% rated 9 or above
0% rated 5 or below
99% rated 7 or above
58% gave the highest rating of 10
72% scored 9 or more
0% rated the practice lower than a 5. Only one scored 5 or 6 and 5 scored 7.
How likely would you be to recommend the Practice to someone who has just moved to the area?
95 % were extremely likely or likely
2% stated they were unlikely to recommend the practice
100% said they were likely or extremely likely to recommend the practice.
94% said they were extremely likely or likely to recommend the practice
In addition to the standard questions, we asked another 3 questions in relation to the current system of open surgery on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Do you use open surgery?
- Do you like the open surgery arrangement?
- Would you prefer a system where emergency appointments are available daily on a first come/ first served basis?
The open surgery has been used by most of the questionnaire respondents and most like the current set up, however 56 of the 77 (73%) would prefer a daily surgery for emergency appointments and this is something we may consider in the future.
- Have you any suggestions on how we might improve our service?
- Bookable appointments within a reasonable time frame – what is ‘reasonable’?
- Move Jayex as can’t see it from some seats –can’t be moved
- Telephone consultations to put patients mind at ease if anxious and not really needing seen – already do this
- Children to be prioritised – already do this
- Take emergency patients first – already do this
- Employ another doctor – not practical
- Email for repeat prescriptions – already available
- Evening surgery – funding issue
- Don’t do open surgery – may consider change to this in future
- Water fountain – health and safety issue/ water is available from kitchen if requested
- Too long to wait at open surgery – high demand = long waits
Some positive comments included:
- Staff are excellent
- Doctors and staff are nice
- Staff very helpful
- Very courteous and helpful
- Staff are great – nothing is every any trouble
- Keep doing what you are doing – it seems to work. Well done!